Warehouse Associate & Driver
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Expected start date as soon as possible.
This is a part-time position, approximately 25-30 hours per week.
Usual days of work are Monday through Friday.
Typical hours are 8:30 am – 2:00 pm but vary depending on workload.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Nonexempt, hourly position. Starting rate ranging from $16-$18/hour DOQ.
Don’t Forget to Feed Me does not provide health or life insurance coverage.
Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off after one year of employment.
All employees receive 9 paid holidays plus Presidential Election days.
Eligible for reimbursement of mileage for work-related local travel and a cell phone allowance.
Don’t Forget to Feed Me offices located in Fort Worth, Texas
- Ensure that the DF2FM warehouse, warehouse machinery, and truck are kept clean, secure, and in good operating condition. Maintain all licenses and inspections as needed.
- Report mileage to leaser on lease indicated basis.
- Continually track, record, and maintain food and storage bag inventory.
- Sort all pet food donations, rotate inventory, ensure sufficient re-packaged stock, and evaluate for potential recalled items or otherwise compromised food.
- Pick up food donations using the DF2FM box truck on regularly scheduled basis. Evaluate and replace donation boxes as needed.
- Ensure all food (donated and distributed) is properly weighed, recorded, packaged, and stored.
- Regular communication with all partners (donation and distribution) maintaining good relationships.
- In partnership with the Community Outreach Coordinator, assist with organizing, coordinating, and managing the receipt of pet food from partners, groups, and individuals.
- In partnership with the Community Outreach Coordinator, assists with organizing, coordinating, and managing the transfer of donated pet food between organization and distribution partners.
- Maintain database of all partners, including key contacts at each location.
- Assist donors and/or volunteer drivers with unloading donations.
- Evaluate the donation collection and distribution processes, make recommendations regarding improvement in logistic as needed. Maintain up to date route system.
- As needed, assist Community Outreach Coordinator with developing and implementing training programs for warehouse volunteers; oversee re-packaging of food for distribution.
- Re-package pet food if/when volunteers are unable to meet demand.
- Maintains updated documentation and operating procedures for warehouse.
- Attend, with box truck, and assist with physical set up at DF2FM hosted events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.
- Ability to operate box truck and electric pallet jack comfortably.
- Ability to work in hot warehouse conditions and meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. repetitively.
Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test.
Preferred familiarity with the internet, Windows computers, Microsoft Office applications, and routing programs.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
Occasional local travel primarily during the business day.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position operates in an office, warehouse, off site venues and events in various weather conditions.
This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers.
Because the employee often works in the warehouse, closed toed shoes are required. Durable, comfortable yet appropriate clothing is recommended.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds.
This position is required to use both manual and electric pallet jacks.
Don’t Forget to Feed Me provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Don’t Forget to Feed Me complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Don’t Forget to Feed Me expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Don’t Forget to Feed Me’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.