The mission of the Home, Not Alone program is to provide free pet food to low-income pet owners through partnerships with local senior centers and Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County.
- Often, senior pet owners are on extremely limited incomes, including Medicaid, VA assistance, or highly restricted Social Security income.
- These seniors are often unable to drive to get pet food themselves.
- Pet-owning seniors often take food from their own tables to feed their companion animals.
- Many times, the animals these seniors keep are the only “family” they see on a regular basis, their only real companions, and precious reminders of the independent lives and homes they once enjoyed.
- These pets provide not only companionship to these seniors, but also a sense of purpose and a feeling of being needed.
Through Home, Not Alone, Don’t Forget to Feed Me provides free, pre-portioned pet food to qualified seniors at participating senior centers on a regular schedule. We work with senior center directors to determine delivery schedules.
For more information about the Home, Not Alone program, contact the Operations Manager, at email@example.com or 817-334-0727.